SIA Engineering Company - Core 9MFY17 largely within expectations
- SIA Engineering Company Ltd’s (SIAEC) 3QFY17 core PATMI after stripping out one-off items and foreign exchange impact, declined 22.4% YoY to S$45.5m, on the back of a 1.1% decrease in revenue to S$272.3m and a 0.4% increase in operating expenses to S$247.1m.
- Higher operating expenses were driven by increase in staff costs but partially offset by lower subcontract costs.
- 3QFY17 contributions from associated and JV companies also came in 4.8% YoY lower at S$31.6m.
- For 9MFY17, revenue fell 1.2% YoY to S$808.7m mainly from lower fleet management and airframe and component overhaul revenue but partly mitigated by higher line maintenance revenue.
- Operating expenses rose 2.6% YoY on similar reasons as 3QFY17.
- 9MFY17 contributions from associated and JV companies were 8.4% YoY lower at S$69.5m. After stripping out the one-time items and foreign exchange effects (9MFY17: +S$9.8m vs.
- 9MFY16: -S$4.5m), SIAEC’s 9MFY17 core PATMI came in largely in-line with our expectations as it fell 18.5% YoY to S$114.8m, which formed 78.8% of our FY17 forecast.
- We continue to expect persistent weak near-term outlook due to longer heavy check intervals for both aircraft and engines.
- Maintain HOLD with an unchanged FV of S$3.58.